SINCE 2011

Sunday 18 August 2019

It's Been Quite A While

Hi!

It's been a while since I posted something here. I've been using several blogspot accounts during my college years, which was like six, five years ago? Now that time has passed, we're using different social media platforms to express ourselves. To be someone we want to be even do things we're not supposed to be doing. Lol.

Today is a Sunday, 18th of August 2019. It's been a while, Blogspot. It's been quite a while since I first posted here. Today, where vlogging is the thing. Video version of blogging - for those who can't relate. I spent this day sleeping and just you know, scrolling on Facebook and Twitter for new memes, constantly checking Instagram, and chatting on Telegram. What's with the 'gram' word, though? 

I'm planning to start watching Harry Potter since I've been eyeing someone who's a "potterhead". Lol. Hello, if anyone's reading this now... Yeah, I'm starting to like that someone.

Anyway, I want you all to catch up with my current life status. Last thing you heard from me, I was in high school. Making a weekly blog for a school requirement. After that, I entered DLSU Manila for college and took up Mass Media as a degree. It's been a good experience. Quite a fun experience to discover more of myself. Learned to be more responsible and discern on important matters. Although... I must say that I'm still learning to be more mature than I am now. I can still see that my thinking skills has been lagging behind where it should be. No rush, self.

Currently, I'm working as an associate in a fast-moving consumer goods company. I know, right? How do I get here? Simple. I got pressured being unemployed for a year and grab whatever I can to land a job. And here I am, doing a desk job that's waaaaaaaaaaay different from what I'm supposed to do. Don't get me wrong, though. I'm happy and contented with where I am now. I'm enjoying what I do. How did I manage to stay for a year and a half if I'm not happy, right? Damn son! I know the pay is quite low ball, but... I'm happy and I learn personal and professional self-improvement. Plus! Good friends.

To be more transparent, I had a talk with my father earlier today about going back to studies and pursue what I really want to do -- which is filmmaking. He's very supportive on my decisions alongside achieving his own dream of becoming a lawyer. He's 47 now and I'm 22. Maybe then, there's really no timeline in getting what you wanted.

I should be going and do as what he says. Prepare myself and be more confident of what I can do. I've been living a lie since I graduated college. I come with a strong personality yet lacking confidence. Where do we begin in achieving our goals? How do I choose between having a great chance of advancing in my current job and actually getting to be a filmmaker? I need an answer.

Thank you for listening. See you again soon in this balderdash blog where I talk my thoughts.

Good night! :)


On-repeat song of the day: Huwag Kang Matakot -- Eraserheads


No comments:

Post a Comment